Information We Collect
If you sign up for or authenticate into an account with us, we may collect information that you provide to us in connection with setting up the account, such as your username, name, email address and, for an account you authenticate into, role. Further, in the course of using your account, you may provide us with additional information through your communications with us.
Website Logs and Cookies:
We automatically collect certain technical information whenever requests are made to our APIs, including (a) IP address, (b) device and browser information, (c) operating system, (d) the content of the request, (e) the date and time of the request, and (f) limited location and usage data. We delete IP addresses after 30 days.
You and/or your end users may provide us with feedback regarding our Services (e.g., in the form of email, suggestions for how to improve our API, etc). We do not delete this information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We do not and will not "sell" your personal information.
We use the account information we collect to provide our Services to you, to maintain your accounts, and to process your transactions. This information is necessary for us to provide the Services to you. We may combine account information with data we receive from other sources. We also may use certain information, such as your email address, to help you by telling you about new products or features that may be of interest to you and by providing you with examples of how our products and services can be used. We have a legitimate interest in improving and marketing our Services. If you receive promotional emails from us, you can opt out by following the instructions in those emails.
We use payment information solely for billing purposes, which is necessary to provide the Services.
Website Logs and Cookies:
We use the data collected through our API (1) for internal diagnostic and analytic purposes (2) to improve our services (3) to provide our Services to end users of our customers and (4) to generate aggregated and anonymized usage statistics. We have a legitimate interest in improving our Services and certain data collection is necessary in order to provide the Services.
We may use the feedback that you provide for any purpose, including improving our Services. We have a legitimate interest in improving our Services for the benefit of all of our users.
When We Share the Information We Collect With Third Parties
We will not transfer any personal information outside of our company unless strictly stated below.
We may disclose Payment Information to (a) our payment provider, Stripe, as described above in the "Information We Collect" section, (b) billing and accounting service providers acting on our behalf and (c) in connection with "Rare and Limited Disclosures" described below.
Website Logs and Cookies:
We may share information about your device and interaction with our site with our analytics service provider. Certain analytics services that integrate directly into our site may collect information about your device, browser, and interaction with our site (including by placing third-party cookies on your browser or other similar technologies). We do not control how these third parties use or share this information, which is subject to their privacy policies. You can find out more information about the cookies on our site and managing your browser’s cookie preferences for our site.
We may share API log data associated with a specific customer's account with that customer for the purpose of resolving billing questions.
Rare and Limited Disclosures:
We may share information in our possession in response to a request if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
Furthermore, we may share information in our possession if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms of service, detect, prevent, or otherwise address threats to our platform, or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our company,our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Finally, we may also share the information we collect in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share information among our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
Your Choices About What We Do with the Information We Collect
Account and Payment Information:
Certain account information is optional, and you may choose not to provide it. Note that some of this account and payment information is necessary for related Services to function properly – for example, if you do not provide payment information, you cannot take advantage of features that require payment.
Website Logs and Cookies:
You may delete cookies from your computer, and most browsers provide the option to block cookies. Note that if you block cookies placed by us (first party cookies), portions of our Services, including our site, may not work as intended. However, your access to our site should not be affected if you disable third-party cookies placed by third parties that manage marketing and analytics aspects of our site. You can find out more information about the cookies on our site and managing your browser’s cookie preferences for our site.
If you are an end user of a product or service that integrates our Services, your privacy options will be largely determined by the developer of the product or service. In addition to any privacy options that the developer may have provided you with, you may also be able to control the applications that can collect information about your precise location by using the settings available on your device.
Your Access to and Control of the Information We Collect
Account Information and Payment Information:
You may correct or change certain account information in the account pages we’ve made available to you, and you may update, correct or delete other Account Information or Payment Information that you have provided to us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you wish to delete your account, you may do so in the account pages we’ve made available to you or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website Logs, Cookies, and API:
We temporarily retain IP addresses for security and accounting purposes. Given the temporary nature of this storage, it is generally not feasible for us to provide access to IP addresses or the logs associated with them.
You may request that we update, correct or delete any feedback that you have provided to us by emailing us at email@example.com, however we may have deleted or anonymized the feedback you had previously provided to us in a way that makes it infeasible for us to associate a particular piece of feedback with a particular user.
Your rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)
California consumers have the following rights:
- to not receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA;
- to request to know the personal information we has about you. You may access personal information associated with your account, such as username, email address, and associated account activity by logging into your account. If you do not have a account, it will not be possible for to verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty to permit disclosure of specific pieces of information, as we only have limited personal information about non-accountholders; and
- to request deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by us.
In order to submit a verifiable consumer request to delete your information, you must do the following:
- If you have an account, login to your account, go to Settings -> Profile, and click "Delete Account" and follow the instructions. While you are logged in we will verify that you are the account holder. If you do not login to your account to make this request, information associated with your account will not be deleted.
- You may, without logging into your account, request deletion of your email address and associated personal information (if any) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will email you a confirmation link in order to verify the request. You must click on this confirmation link in the verification email we send you to verify the email belongs to you before we can process your request. A request through email will only request to delete personal information from non-account-related sources. To delete all account-related information, you must login to your account to verify your identity.
- If you believe we have any personal information about you that is not account-related and not an email address and associated information, please email us at email@example.com describing in detail the information you believe we have and how you believe we obtained it. Please note that without an email address, it may not be possible for us to verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty to locate or delete any information.